Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Things Happen

A lot has happened since my last blog post on here. I found a new love- books. sure I'd read them before but that was involuntarily at school. reading a book at my own pace; a book of my choosing, I found was a lot more fun. of course Christmas happened (I got deodorant again. Mom, Dad, I get it okay!?!) and also a new year began. for most people new year's day is when they contemplate their life and make decisions that will supposedly affect that life. I did no such thing. I went so far as to not even watch the ball drop. It was just another day to me. just another midnight.

However, recently I believe I have begun a sort of transformation of my own. My new found passion for books opened a new world to me and a new idea for a career. Since I was about 14 stand-up comedy was my dream and one I was fully prepared to go after. however now the idea of being a writer...of books, seemed like something I should at least consider. So I sat down one night and tried to think of ideas, plots, and characters for a book. to my surprise it was a lot of fun just sitting there orchestrating and thinking out this story. I kick myself for not having thought of this possible career path earlier and following the alarming trend among teenagers of viewing books as boring and uncool.

Stand-up comedy is still a love of mine, and could still be the career I end up pursuing but being a writer thrills me at the moment. The endless possibilities excite me. I could write anything. drama, thriller, horror, comedy, anything. I wasn't bound by what others found funny. Not having to stand up in front of a group of drunks and humiliate my self on a regular basis also sounds nice.

anyway, expect more posts here. I need practice writing and whether or not anyone reads this doesn't matter. I just need practice, practice, practice and this is where that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment