Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ready Or Not

I've been staying up until at least 4 AM every night since I have no job (yeah, I'm a bum.) and have been out of school for at least a couple of weeks now, with a couple more left before it starts again. I'm not sure it that's insomnia but it's definitely not sleeping. I am one of the most sleep deprived people in the world that wakes up at noon every day.

Another thing keeping me up at night is Stephen King's On Writing. Thanks to him I've never felt as prepared, equipped, and enthusiastic about my writing. I always needed a little bit of guidance but didn't really have anyone to look to. Thanks to some of King's "telepathy" I feel quite optimistic about writing. I recommend it to any aspiring writers, those who write fiction especially. One thing thing often repeated in that book (And I'm sure any book about writing.) is that the only way to improve, the only way to get better, is to do it. A lot. It's the same with stand up comedy. You can talk about, read about it, watch it, but if you haven't done it, you're still at square one essentially. So all you struggling writers out there, just keep at it. And have fun.

In other news, I don't have a single class before noon this upcoming semester. Thank God for online classes. So maybe (Just maybe.) I'll be better about updating this thing. Somebody's got to waste space on this thing called the internet. Why not me?

Until next time my dear vacuums.

2 comments:

  1. Hey buddy that was a gud post
    lot of quality stuff and essential information
    1994 Volkswagen Cabriolet AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chevy W7500 Turbocharger

    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete