Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Sense of Confusion

Lately things haven't been as in order in my brain as they used to be. Sure, I'm still slowly grinding the gears forward as I plot out different stories and books that I will write someday in the future (probably after 2012. Why start now and have the world end, am I right?) but I lack mental tidiness these days.

When I am thirsty and go to the fridge I can barely decide whether to have soda or milk (although soda usually wins somehow). When it gets to be late at night I can't decide whether I should go to sleep now or stay up. When it comes to actually writing any portion of any of the story outlines I've come up with recently, I can't decide which to start on.

I am literally a mass of Caucasian confusion.

Although, I dread the end of summer as it creeps nearer and nearer, I do almost invite the return to involuntary order. I won't have a busy schedule even then, but there will be set times when I have to be at school. Set times when I have to wake up, and therefore set times when I have to go to sleep in order to not be a walking zombie when I wake up at the set time when I have to.

So maybe, I can't believe I'm saying this, school (and later work) is necessary for someone like me. I am kind of looking forward to August 23 when I start back, I'll be bored, tired, and have less time to write, but at least I'll be a bit more functioning.

Thank you for reading and don't do drugs kids....or do them. I don't really care. Just don't blame me or eat all my Doritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment