Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Traffic Violation

I recently got pulled over by the police while I was driving (as opposed to when I was sailing). I would like to act really indignant at being pulled over but to be fair I was flinging babies out the window as I went...so it was kind of understandable.

No, actually what happened is there were two cops standing on the side of the road by their cruisers, blue lights flashing, at night I might add, and they apparently thought I almost hit them when I went into the left lane to go around them. And when two cops think you almost hit them with your car, surprisingly, they get angry!

So we had a nice little meeting, and by "nice little meeting" I mean, they yelled various profanities at me for 15 minutes while I apologized over and over again like a little bitch...but now I'm talking about them on my blog so...I think I got my street cred back. OG 4 Lyfe.

They ended up giving me a ticket for "careless driving" because I didn't hit a cop with my car, but they think I almost did. I didn't know I could get a ticket for that.

"Sir, do you know how fast you were going?"
"40?"
"yeah, and that's almost 52, which would be speeding, here's your ticket!"

But maybe I'm wrong, the only shows I watch that could be considered similar to cop shows are The X-Files and Law & Order: SVU. So unless I ever get raped by a shape-shifter I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment