Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sight

My first topical humorous exploration (as Columbus would have called it) hope you enjoy:

If sight is ever taken away from someone they usually remember all the good things they miss seeing. sunsets, flowers, the faces of loved ones. however, if I were ever blinded I would try to be positive and remember all the bad things I won't have to see anymore. like fanny packs, mullets, and Crocs (anyone who wears these should be fed to crocodiles, for shear irony and delight for those who witness it). there could of course be a downside to this. douchebags are something you would normally be happy to not have to see anymore, but the most effective way to avoid a douchebag is to spot one from a distance and keep safely away from them. how could you do that if you have no sight? you would have to resort mostly to smell for this. which isn't quite as effective.

also, if you get an eye poked out somehow, don't get an eye patch. I'm sure your friends would love it because they would get to pretend they were friends with a pirate from then on, but there is a downside. an eye patch makes it very difficult to get and keep a job. there are not many employers wanting employees who are giving off that James Bond villain vibe. it's bad for morale. you don't want this to happen:
"I'm sorry Bill, but we're gonna have to let you go. here at Denny's we can't have our servers frightening the customers. that eye patch is scaring people when you serve grand slams. plus you never notice when someone is ready to order on the left side of the room."

not to mention if you get an eye patch getting a cat is pretty much out of the question. unless you want all your dinner guests to giggle uncontrollably while you pet it.

some people regain sight after losing it. others gain it for the first time because of a medical procedure. if that ever happened to me I'd have to have some fun with my family when I could first see and looked at them for the first time.
"Oh God! That's what you people look like?! what am I then? Good Lord!!" (complete with grimaces and a scared look on my face)

Ok, I can see you're getting tired of this subject. so that is where I'll conclude. sight is wonderful though. cherish it.

1 comment:

  1. Rofl it would be worse if the person was a douche wearing a fanny pack styling a mullet ^^ add on the crocs and you have half the of Georgia

    ReplyDelete