Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Take a Breath

It's easy to get pulled into politics. the shouting matches. the lies. the grudge matches that often seem to occur between democrat loyalists and republican loyalists. they happen on tv 24 hours a day and saturate the internet. I have found myself getting caught up in them. angry, flustered, and with a pounding headache.

but I think it's important that we don't let these politicians ruin life. we shouldn't let their agendas poison our lives. just take a breath and look at something like this


if someone falls down don't be afraid to laugh because he's black and you might be called a racist, or because he's white and you might be accused of reverse racism. laugh because it's funny. if I fall, I want others to laugh. at least someone should feel good because of my face hitting tile floor, even if I don't at the time.

turn off the cable news every once and a while and just put those bugles snacks on your each of your fingers and pretend your a witch. "I'll get you my pretty, and you're little dog too!!HAHAHA!"

I'm not saying don't participate in politics all together. vote. know what's happening. but don't let it kill you. don't let it kill your sense of humor. without a sense of humor there are things people can't get through. with it, see if you can break me.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you! Know what's happening, cast your vote, try to form an opinion.. but do not let yourself get so dragged into politics, that it consumes you and your life.. makes you bitter, and fighting for something that is not really worth fighting for.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
    Nice blog, it's my first time here

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete